Strain in the anal or rectal veins results in the development of Hemorrhoids. This is an extremely painful condition and leads to symptoms like itching, burning sensation and is very painful. Aggravated hemorrhoids can also lead to bleeding. This condition requires medical condition and can get complicated of not treated fast. The different causes for Hemorrhoids include:
- Pregnancy and childbirth due to weight gain or strain in the abdomen
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Diarrhea or Constipation which causes strain in the anal area.
- Lifting Heavy Objects
- Intense Coughing
Internal and External Hemorrhoids
Internal Hemorrhoids more common and are found inside the rectum. Since these are internally located, it is very difficult to diagnose and can only be diagnosed when you know the signs and symptoms, or when examined by a doctor. A colonoscopy is the best way to detect hemorrhoids.
Hemroids can also start bleeding and become painful. Though people get scared after seeing blood in their stools but this can be easily cured and not a major cause for concern. You should consult a doctor if you see any of these symptoms as it might also be indicative of other conditions like colon cancer.
External Hemorrhoids are also uncomfortable and cause itching, burning and a lot of painful since it is externally located it is easier to diagnose than internal hemorrhoids. are the most painful and cause a great deal of discomfort. If blood clots develop inside the hemorrhoids it leads to thrombosed hemorrhoids and need to be treated immediately.
Products that Relieve Hemorrhoid Symptoms
HemClear and HemCream: These are all natural products that successfully eliminate both internal and external Hemorrhoids. HemClear is safe to use and has received positive reviews.
Other products which help relieve Hemroid symptoms include:
- Aleve: naproxen sodium – this is an over the counter medication that can relieve hemorrhoids symptoms
- Hydrocortisone suppositories: These are also available to relieve the internal discomfort.
- Hydrocortisone creams: These are also available over the counter relieves swelling, pain, itching and burning sensation of external hemroids.
- Miralax, Metamucil, Citrucel: These are stool softening agents which are high in fiber. Consumption of these products makes the stool smooth and prevents constipation.
Prevention is better than cure. Rather than look for remedies to relieve Hemroids incorporate healthy eating habits in your routine that prevents formation Hemorrhoids. Consuming a diet full of fiber and less fat is good for the body and regulates bowel movements. Along with it regular exercise also keeps you active and relieves excess pressure in the abdomen. However, if you develop hemorrhoids, try the following remedies for relief.
- Take pain medication, such as ibuprofen or aspirin.
- Sit in a tub of hot water for 10-15 minutes a few times a day to rleievt he inflammation and itching.
- Creams and suppositories relieve the burning sensation and inflammation associated with Hemroid.
- Wash with hot soapy water to keep the area clean especially after a bowel movement.
- A stool softener makes the bowel movements less strained and smooth.
Prevention of Hemorrhoids
In cases of pregnancy or childbirth, hemorrhoids may not be temporarily avoidable, but in other cases hemorrhoids can be avoided.
- Take necessary preventative measures to avoid diarrhea or constipation.
- Avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
- When lifting heavy weights, bend your knees to avoid unnecessary strain in the abdomen,
- Do not sit for long periods on the toilet. Watching TV or reading while sitting on the toilet is a bad habit that you must change.
Consult Your Doctor for Treating Hemorrhoids
In advanced cases of Hemorrhoids medical treatment like surgery may be necessary. This is when the hemorrhoids become prolapsed or extremely painful.all rights reserved to Myles Freeman