What is Back Pain?
Back Pain or Dorsopothy affects most adult in their lifetime. The causes may differ resulting from long term lifting of heavy objects, sitting or standing for long hours or a wrong posture during sleeping. Most commonly the individuals suffer from lower back pain or Lumbago. Pain in other parts of back including lower back or middle of the back is also not uncommon. Pain in the neck or spine is also commonly found.
Symptoms of Back Pain
- Sharp or piercing pain.
- Dull aching sensation in affected area that does not go away.
- Burning sensation along the spine.
- Pain in the back that slowly progresses to the arms, legs and even the feet.
Causes of Back Pain
There are number of factors that could cause back pain. These include:
- Pulled muscles
- Pinched nerves
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Spinal disc hernia or possible degenerative disc disease.
- Osteoarthritis, osteoporosis or spinal stenosis.
- Heavy lifting.
- Stress, anxiety, depression.
Products that help with Back Pain
Muscle relaxers or pain relieves available over the counter can help relieve the pain Back Pain.
JointEase Plus is a natural product that contains plant extract and Glucosamine and found to relieve Back Pain.
Glucosamine and Chondroiten have also been used for years to treat and prevent Back Pain.
Treatment for Back Pain
Back Pain can be treated in several ways. You can opt for a natural product, prescription drugs or a holistic approach to find relief from tour symptoms. Some of these methods are elaborated below:
- Heat soothes Back Pain and is a commonly used remedy for this condition.
- Ice packs can also be used to relieve the muscle spasms or pinched nerve. It also provides relief from the pain in the back.
- Painkillers, muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory drugs available as over the counter drugs or prescription drugs are also used to provide relief from the pain.
- Physical therapy or certain exercises strengthen the muscles and relieves the strain in the back.
- Other treatments that might work include massage, acupressure, acupuncture and other chiropractic treatments.
Prevention of Back Pain
Prevention is better than cure. If possible Back Pain can be prevented exercising regularly and avoiding sitting or standing for too long prevents extra strain on the back. Also, using an ergonomically designed chair works better while working.
Also, make sure that your mattress does not sag in the middle and is supportive for your back. While lifting heavy objects, make sure that you bend your knees first and avoid jerky movements.
Consult a Doctor for Back Pain
You should never ignore a severe back pain. If you suffer from chronic pain, your chiropractor will be able to give you sound advice and treatment for your condition. Before trying anything else, make sure you ask your doctor for advice. If you want to try an alternative therapy, go in for acupressure and acupuncture or other holistic approaches that ill give you long term relief from Back Pain.all rights reserved to Myles Freeman